Madikwe Safari Lodge - Dithaba Lodge
Luxury Exclusive Use Lodge in the Madikwe Game Reserve
Madikwe Game Reserve, North West Province
This luxury Safari Lodge harmonizes perfectly with the natural surroundings of the location and ensures an unforgettable adventure in this unique reserve. Immerse yourself into the charming atmosphere of the Madikwe Safari Lodge after exploring the African wilderness.
Located in the central-eastern region of Madikwe Game Reserve, one of South Africa’s largest wildlife sanctuaries, Madikwe Dithaba Lodge invites guests on a magnificent safari odyssey. Covering over 75 000 hectares of wild plains, Madikwe Game Reserve is known for its rich biodiversity, diverse geology and flora habitats, and exceptional Big 5 sightings.
The malaria-free location of Madikwe Dithaba Lodge looks onto game-filled plains and the Dwarsberg Mountains from atop a hillside. Each luxury suite provides a couple’s romantic retreat or, together, an exclusive home base for a group of friends or family. Natural design elements invite the surrounding beauty into each luxurious haven of relaxation making for a truly restful getaway.
Dithaba, meaning mountain in the local dialect, is located slightly higher up on the mountain and has incredible views over the open plains. This lodge has only 4 suites and is well suited to a group of friends of family members taking this over exclusively to make it their home whilst on safari.
The Lodge has an inviting reception area and both indoor and outdoor dining areas. Relax in the library lounge, indoor lounge with roaring fireplace, or take in some stargazing on the outdoor lounge area and boma.
Each of the rooms in the Lodge has its own private plunge pool and a Gym-in-a-Basket, which is 2 x 1kg dumbbells, 2 x 3kg dumbbells, exercise mat, and core strengthener ring. The suites are all air-conditioned for your comfort in summer and fitted with a fireplace and electric blanket for the more chilly winter months. There is also an international adaptor, hairdryer, insect repellant, safe and mini-bar for your convenience.
- Dithaba Lodge can accommodate a maximum of 8 people in 4 luxury suites, with 8 additional children 12
years and younger sharing
- Please note that a maximum of 2 adults and 2 children are permitted in a room with the exception of an additional child under 2 years old (a cot will be provided).
- Children of all ages are welcome.
- Linen, as well as bath and swimming towels are provided.
- The Lodge features a full kitchen; lounge and dining area with a fireplace; Star Deck for an al fresco dining experience; and private plunge pools in each suite.
- The Lodge is cleaned daily and includes the services of a housekeeper who is on hand to help in the kitchen.
- The Lodge also comes with a private safari vehicle, and your own FGASA accredited guide for a truly personal game viewing experience.
- Please note that the safari vehicle can only seat a maximum of 10 guests.
- A private chef can be booked upon enquiry, subject to availability.
- Babysitting services are available upon request and must be prebooked for your stay.
The Madikwe Game Reserve is 75 000ha of incredible topographic, vegetation and faunal diversity. From the Dwarsberg Mountains in the south, peaked by the blood red Brandwacht; north over the undulating golden woodlands where black and white rhino find refuge; over the Tweedepoort escarpment and into the rolling savannahs – this is classic African big sky country where plains game – zebra, springbok, wildebeest – graze, one eye always watching for lion, cheetah or wild dog. The west of the reserve is bounded by the perennial Marico River – a rich green vein of life in this semi-arid vastness while the eastern reaches blend into the boundless Kalahari Desert.