Thonga Beach Lodge
Luxury Lodge in iSimangaliso Wetland Park, an internationally recognised World Heritage Site.
iSimangaliso Wetland Park , KwaZulu Natal,
This 24-bed luxury lodge is the ideal place to connect with one of Africa’s last pristine wilderness beaches and rediscover your place in it. The 12 thatched eco-sensitive rooms, with ocean or forest views, boast an earthy elegance, and are positioned to afford maximum privacy and minimal environmental impact.
The lodge facilities are designed to enhance your experience by complementing the exquisite surrounding wilderness, with comforts of a slightly more modern nature. After a day of adventure in the sand and sea, there’s nothing better than retiring to a little barefoot luxury and a few mod cons.
Enjoy meals on the outdoor dining deck - meals are served al fresco on the deck under the shade of giant milkwood trees.
The indoor dining area - buffet breakfasts and luncheons are set out in the dining room. This area is also home to a permanent tea and coffee station with delicious homemade biscuits. The mezzanine level is used when weather isn't conducive to outdoor dining.
There is a deep pool used for scuba courses and swimming, and a shallower pool, both complete with umbrellas and cushioned loungers.
There are so many beautiful reasons to visit this idyllic wonderland, but its higher purpose is what really makes it special. Thonga’s ‘tread gently’ approach, enables you to re-experience a true connection with nature, while playing in paradise. Here are our top 5 good reasons to book a stay at Thonga Beach Lodge:
1. The unspoilt golden beach of Mabibi is one of the cleanest, most beautiful beaches in the world.
2. The snorkeling right in front of the lodge and by boat at nearby safe coral reefs is world-class, and reveals a colourful, enchanting world of diverse oceanic life, including dolphins and turtles.
3. Turtles - Thonga Beach Lodge is privileged and proud of its involvement in protecting the loggerhead and leatherback turtles. Nesting sites start right at the lodge and stretch further up the beach.
4. Delicious Cuisine - Thonga Beach Lodge’s food receives repeated and well-deserved acclaim, with a chef who prides himself on discovery of top local produce.
5. The lodges’ commitment to local community support is inspiring … cultural tours, visits to the local school and interactions with staff will leave you feeling that you genuinely contributed something to this special corner of the planet.
All meals, teas and coffees
Tsonga cultural tour
Turtle tracking walks (seasonal)
SCUBA diving at Thonga Beach is phenomenal, with reefs located only a short distance from the lodge. Shoals of game fish, sharks and schools of bottlenose dolphins are often encountered. All enthusiasts are welcome, from the beginner to the veteran. SCUBA training is also available at our PADI dive centre.
You’ll get hooked on the amazing fishing at Thonga! The Maputaland coastline is renowned as one of South Africa’s most popular fishing destinations, with a wide variety of game and reef fish.
per person sharing per night. Valid until 30 April 2021
per person sharing per night. Valid 01 May - 30 June 2021
per person sharing per night
per person sharing per night