Esta é a Vida
A private beach villa located in The Sanctuary on Mozambique's San Sebastian Peninsula
The Sanctuary on Mozambique's San Sebastian Peninsula, near Vlianculos
Discover the ultimate in seaside relaxation at Esta é a Vida, an exclusive-use beach house nestled in Mozambique's pristine sanctuary. With exceptional amenities, breathtaking views, and unparalleled natural beauty, it's the perfect place to escape and indulge.
Esta é a Vida – “This is Life” – is an exclusive use beach house located in The Sanctuary on Mozambique’s an Sebastian Peninsula; a 30,000-hectare conservancy sharing the protected waters of the Bazaruto Marine National Park. This magnificent destination in Mozambique is at the southern tip of the archipelago among private islands that include Benguerra, Bazaruto, and Margaruque.
The Sanctuary is special because biodiversity of both land and sea merge to become a hotspot of flourishing marine life, endemic birds, endangered turtles and dugongs, extraordinary scenery, and a place for people to find peace in paradise.
The Sanctuary opens a world of both oceanic and land-based activities, exposing a plethora of natural discoveries. There are scuba diving sites that are celebrated among experienced divers, and idyllic spots for snorkeling among shoals of colourful fish. Land-based safaris explore wetlands and coastal forest where the bird watching opportunities are superior, and scenic helicopter flights over the coast and estuaries bring the bigger picture to life.
Indulge in spacious and beautifully designed accommodation with three beach-facing chalets and a loft bedroom in the main house, providing comfortable sleeping arrangements for up to 10 guests. Each room features a king-size bed or twin beds, air conditioning, Wi-Fi, outdoor shower, and a private viewing deck overlooking the beach, ensuring a tranquil and relaxing stay. The exceptional amenities, include a stunning rim-flow pool, fully equipped kitchen, private boat for sea activities, indoor and outdoor lounges, and a helipad for easy access, providing you with the ultimate coastal getaway.
The main house is traditionally thatched with Mozambican jecca and has a rim-flow swimming pool extended off the wooden deck overlooking the beach. An outdoor lounge and fully equipped self-service bar are adjacent to the spacious indoor living area. The property is fully solar-powered with a 24-hour backup generator, and regular mosquito and insect prevention is carried out.
There are scuba diving sites that are celebrated among experienced divers, and idyllic spots for snorkeling among shoals of colourful fish. Land-based safaris explore wetlands and coastal forest where the bird watching opportunities are superior, and scenic helicopter flights over the coast and estuaries bring the bigger picture to life.
- Exclusive use of the property 8 to 10 guests, for a minimum of 4 nights stay.
Fully inclusive of a 4 night stay is:
• Luxury accommodation.
• Fully catered bespoke menu with both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages included
Alcoholic beverages include a selection of wines, beers & ciders, and selected spirits.
• 2 x Return helicopter transfers (max 8 pax) from Vilanculos to private helipad.
• One morning drive and one sunset drive including refreshments .
• One half-day (5 hours) game fishing charter (max 4 fishermen on board).
• One bird-watching boat cruise through the mangroves at Pelican Bay.
• One sunset boat cruise to the sand spits for sundowners.
• One half-day picnic on Banque Island, including a boat braai.
• Sunset dhow cruise.
• Personal cook, housekeeper, and daily room maintenance including turndown service.
• Boat skipper and house assistant.
• Wi-Fi access at the main house and in chalets.
• Smart TVs and sound system, DSTV and Netflix.
• Use of two single kayaks.
• Snorkelling equipment, fishing gear and tackle.
• Fishing licenses for four anglers.
• Park fees for 1 visit to Banque Island.
• Generator diesel – normal use – 50l per day.
The Sanctuary is a hotspot of flourishing marine life, endemic birds, endangered turtles and dugongs, and extraordinary scenery. Here, guests can experience the magic of this unique ecosystem, with its vibrant coral reefs, crystal-clear waters, and pristine beaches, and immerse themselves in the natural beauty of Mozambique's southern archipelago.